What Is Proprietary Audit?
Proprietary audit is an audit conducted to compare and examine any specific activity to find out whether
it lies in public interest or in accordance with commonly accepted customs & standards of conduct. It
not only evaluates the underlying evidence but also examine the responsibility, regularity, vigilance and
impact of various acts.
In case of proprietary audit, the emphasis is on the substance of transactions and its accuracy rather
than concentrating too much on vouchers, documents and evidences. In the proprietary audit, the team
of experts focuses on public interest, financial prudence and prevention of wasteful expenditure. Their
main aim is to verify the transactions and comparing them with the standards that whether they are
meeting all criteria or not. The audit report prepared by the auditor gives information about accuracy of
transactions and its impact on the organization. An experienced auditor can only evaluate and
understand whether the transaction is meeting all criteria to match the standards.
Proprietary audit focuses on ensuring that the funds are received from appropriate channels and those
funds are spent for appropriate purposes too. It is done to check that whether any problem such as
revenue leakage, frivolous expenditure and corruption are existing in the business. The report of the
proprietary audit is submitted by the auditor to the person who appointed him.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Proprietary Audit Compliances
The proprietary audit ensure that every business should follow the compliances mentioned below –
1. Public money should not be utilized for the benefit of a particular person.
2. The sanctioned expenditure should not be a source of direct or indirect benefits.
3. The expenditure should be sanctioned as per the demand of a particular occasion.
4. Allowances are not on the whole source of profit into the recipient.
5. Various plan objectives should be in understanding with the organizational objectives.
6. There should be adherence and proper framing of technical estimates, detailed programs and
7. Budgetary control system should be adequate like internal audit system
8. Every officer should exercise the save vigilance in relation to expenditure as an ordinary person
exercise in relation to his own money
Benefits Of Proprietary Audit
1. More than 10 years of experience
2. Qualified professionals
3. Excellent customer service
4. Cost efficient
5. Customer delight
6. Time saving
7. Quick turnaround time
8. Continuous support over e-mail and phone (24X7).